Due to heavy snow and hazardous road conditions, Canyons District will not be in session today. Enjoy the day, and please stay safe! We would love to see how you “celebrated” this snow day-go to our facebook page and leave a comment and/or picture.
These Wildcats moved on to the District Level Science Fair. We are so proud of the hard work they put in to their projects. Way to go Wildcats! And a shout out to the PTA for organizing the school level science fair!
January 27, 2020
We completed the winter benchmark testing. We are seeing good growth. Thank you for all of your support at home with reading and homework!
We are going to have a Netzsmart assembly on Friday to learn about being safe on the Internet. The presentation is from the Office of the Attorney General in Utah. Some of the main points the students will learn about are listed below.
- Never share personal information on the internet.
- Tell a trusted adult if they see something they are worried about or makes them feel upset.
- Stay away from chat rooms.
- Limit social media accounts, only set these up with parent permission and assistance.
- Follow what their parents/guardians ask them to do to stay safe.
This information was included if you would like to have a conversation at home.
Friday, January 30
- Netsmartz Internet Safety presentation 8:30 AM – Kindergarten through second grade 9:15 AM – Third grade through fifth grade
Monday, February 3
- Start counting your minutes of reading! You can count all minutes, even weekend! Turn minutes in every Monday through the end of February.
- The window of time for signing up for a parent teacher conference appointment starts today at 7:30 AM and closes on February 20th
Tuesday, February 4
- PTA Meeting at 10:00 AM in the conference room.
- Eastmont Middle School Orientation for parents and students at 6:00 PM until 7:30 PM. Class selection cards are due back on February 7th. Class selection cards should be turned into our 5thgrade teachers.