Attendance and Tardies
Regular attendance is an important part of academic success. To ensure that concepts and skills are consistently learned, regular attendance is a must. Students should not be allowed to stay home from school unless they are ill. All students are required by Utah State Law to attend school regularly. Please call the school in the morning (801-826-9696) if your child will not be attending school that day.
Then, following an absence, a written excuse should be included in the student planner. Children need to arrive at school on time! A warning bell rings at 8:15 a.m. A tardy bell rings at 8:20 a.m. Classes begin promptly at 8:20. The beginning of the school day sets the learning climate. If students are tardy, this affects their academic performance and citizenship.
- All students will be required to wear clean clothing. Clothing which is so conspicuous, extreme or odd that it may draw undue attention, disrupt, or tend to disrupt or interfere with the learning atmosphere at the school will not be allowed.
- Students will not be allowed to wear clothes that are mutilated, cut off or immodest such as: short shorts, mini skirts, bare midriffs, halter tops, tank shirts, pants with holes, or other similar attire. Knee length clothing is acceptable.
- In the interest of good hygiene, shoes must be worn at all times. For safety, students should wear shoes that protect their feet if activities of the day include kick soccer, etc.
- Jackets or clothing that do not reflect the dignity of learning, modesty, and principles of education are not to be worn. This would include any clothing with vulgar words, profane or obscene slogans and advertisements for alcohol, tobacco and drugs.
- Students are not to wear hats of any kind within the building.
- Gang-related colors, clothing and paraphernalia will not be allowed in school.
- For health or safety reasons, students may be required to wear certain types of clothing in connection with specialized activities.
- Students need to wear coats, gloves, hats and boots during inclement weather. Recesses will be outside unless it is pouring rain or extremely cold.
Halloween Costume Policy
Just a reminder about costumes for school. The following will not be allowed…
- No masks or anything that would block or impede your child’s eyesight.
- No rollerblades or wheelies.
- No costumes with weapons or facsimile of a weapon will be allowed (swords, guns, knives, etc)
- All students will be allowed to participate in organized games.
- Students will use appropriate language and be courteous. Naming calling is not allowed.
- Students will treat supervising adults with respect and follow their directions.
- Students will use equipment (balls, jump ropes, etc.) according to the rules.
- All playground equipment (slides, etc.) should be used properly.
- Contact games or activities that include tackling, shoving, pushing, rough play or riding on backs or shoulders are not allowed.
- Students may not leave the grounds to retrieve playground equipment.
- No sliding on ice, throwing snow, rocks, ice, etc.
- Fighting and snowballing are not allowed. Students who engage in either of these behaviors may face suspension and their parents will be contacted.
- Violations of these rules may result in the loss of recess on the playground.
Volunteers and Visitors
All visitors must report to the office before entering other parts of the school. If you have family or friends visiting, they may not attend school with your child. This rule helps us keep your child safe.
If you are going to volunteer in your childs’ classroom, go on field tirps, or attend class/school celebrations you will need to complete the online background check. This has to be completed yearly. To complete this online from click here. It takes multiple days for this form to process, so please plan accordingly.